Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Why even do it all ?

Why?
             Writing has purpose. From the time I was young I’ve always wanted to be able to write stories, where I could capture different types of audiences. It all started when reading the books “Shoes” by Elizabeth Winthrop and “My Angelica” by Carol Lynch Williams. These books made me want explore how a writer is able to form such great stories that make you want to read a certain book over and over again.
            Writing is a great way to vent. Sometimes there are so many things on my mind and at that moment I just want to let it all out. This is very helpful when, if at that moment I don’t have anyone to talk to I pick up a pen or pencil and a piece of paper and just write. This leads into me expressing my feelings maybe about a particular subject. Even with decision making I write why I should or shouldn’t do something. It’s sometimes just easier to explain things through writing then it is by word of mouth.
            Writing let’s me be me. I can write down anything, to another person they might not understand why I wrote whatever I wrote or why I choose to write about a particular topic, but to me I understand why I did. Certain things I write I won’t let everybody see so there’s less judgment on my writings. Being able to abbreviate or use certain words in certain ways is more creative to make the writing more me and less like everyone else’s writing.
            Constantly writing betters you. The more and more you write it usually leads to building your vocabulary. The more I write the more I see that I don’t want to always use the same words or phrases over and over, which leads to me learning new vocabulary. Also with writing a lot I see my writing improving, especially with work done in school.
            Writing has become something of a hobby. I like to write poetry. When I’m bored I’ll pick up a notebook or when I’m in class and a particular thought comes to mind I just start writing some type of poem about it. I’ll forget that I wrote it and when I remember it I’ll go back and read it over and over again to remember what made me write that particular thing.
            With writing I want to be able to not be discouraged as much as I am. I want to be able to turn into my professor and have my paper returned with as little marks as possible. I want to broaden my vocabulary as much as I can. I want to be able to touch someone in a way they can talk about my writing to other people. I just want to make a difference in someone’s life with my words.   

No comments:

Post a Comment